Friday 30 August 2013

Sew, sew, sew....

Seem to be spending a lot of my time pattern making of late, so nothing I'd like more than to share it with you all. I have been trying some new methods of patterns making, and finding my own style of technique that suits me!  

1. Zero waste method. Having a square of material, cutting, and manipulating to come up with a a garment design. And yep, there is no fabric waste allowed! I manipulated my scrap fabric from the bodice into flowers and a platted waistband

 2. Shingo Sato Transformation Reconstruction... And an amazing technique which involves drawing shapes and design lines onto the dress form and then cutting out the design lines on the fabric, to then transfer the pattern to paper. He has many on line tutorials and it is an amazing technique. This is an example of "the ribbon dress". The curved lines were incredibly hard to sew, but I think the outcome was interesting!


3. I am lucky enough to be doing a project with Jeanwest at the moment.... My task is to re invent the denim jacket and create a range to go along side it in a group of 3. This is my denim jacket toile, that I designed and pattern made from scratch! I was really happy with the lines and fit... 


4. Dyed my own denim!... What an experiment. I really liked the final look of the denim and the idea of teaming it up with Jacquard. Cant forget your tea and a great pair of scissors when cutting out your pattern.
5. A sneak peek! The jacket is coming along well, this is a little sewing I did today... Can't wait to show you the campaign shoot... 



No comments:

Post a Comment